PSIRA Verification: FAQs On PSIRA
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions, FAQs On PSIRA (Private Security Industry Regulation Act).
We have compiled these FAQs on PSIRA and provided straightforward answers to them.
1. How long does it take for a PSiRA application to be approved?
12 working days. Clients are advised that the 12-day waiting period does not include weekends or public holidays.
2. Where can I go collect my Psira certificate?
When you go to collect your first time at a PSiRA branch (other than the head office), make sure to bring along your ID book.
3. How can I obtain the PSiRA individual registration form without going to a Psira branch?
You can simply go on to the Psira website at www.psira.co.za , go to publications, scroll down to downloads, choose the option for the registration form and select the one you require.
- Navigate to the Psira website (www.psira.co.za)
- Find the Publications tab
- Scroll down to Downloads
- Select the registration form option, and pick the form you need.
4. How would I know when my Psira application has been approved?
To check the status of your application, you can contact our customer care line on 086 133 3850 with your ID number ready.
- Access our online verification by Visiting www.psira.co.za
- Click on the far right of the homepage
- Enter your ID number
- Click "I'm human,"
- Click "Submit.
5. Is it Possible that you can post my PSIRA certificate?
No, It is not possible to print the PSIRA certificate out without the owner's fingerprint; therefore, you must come to our offices in person for assistance.
6. Can someone renew my individual certificate on my behalf?
No, you have to visit one of our offices, except the head office, with all the necessary documents to verify your fingerprint and obtain your individual PSIRA certificate
Your employer, with your consent, can renew your certificate if you are employed.
7. After how long does the individual/Business certificate expire?
- Individual certificate expires after 24 months.
- Business certificates expire after every 12 months.
8. What are the requirements to renew a business PSIRA certificate?
- Application letter from business (printed on business letterhead)
- Annual fees paid in full or signed acknowledgement of debt.
Secondary requirements :
- Tax clearance certificate
- Registration with COID (if the business has employees).
9. What are the requirements to renew your individual PSIRA certificate?
- Duly completed application form (Renewal of individual certificate form)
- Authenticated copy of the first page of ID document
- Original PSiRA certificate (affidavit if lost/misplaced).
- Payment of prescribed amounts (Certificate R40 First renewal / R20 Second renewal /R90 Re-issue and upgrade, ID Card R60 First issue / R90 Re-issue and upgrade.
10. I have checked my individual registration status and it says withdrawn, what does that mean?
If you have a criminal record or have not paid your annual fees, your application may be withdrawn. Please contact our Customer Care line at 086 133 3850 to confirm this.
Suggested Read: How to Check if a Company is Registered in Nigeria